Thursday, July 4, 2024

Breakup Headshave

After being in a relationship for four years today, Priya and I broke up. Sometimes even four years are not enough to know someone. I was too angry and upset at the same time. I was not able to think straight and didn't know what to do. I was walking on the footpath without having any clue where to go. All old memories of Priya were flashing in my mind. After a few minutes of walking, I reached in front of Lilly's barbershop. Lilly is a nice lady. If I wasn't in a relationship with Priya, I would have asked her out. But, we both are friends. I went inside and saw Lilly was cleaning the hairs from the floor. She looked at me and gave me a big smile. It seems Lilly likes me having around. I also responded to her back with a smile but, she could see that I was sad. She asked me if everything was ok. I sat on one of her saloon chairs and told her about my breakup. She was listening to me very calmly and rubbing my shoulders. She asked if there was anything that she could do to make me feel better. I was looking at myself in the mirror hanging in front of me. I said, "Can you shave my head?". She was startled and said, "You are sad and not thinking straight. I will not shave your head". I said it's okay. I will go to another barber and get my head shaved. She stopped me and said, "If that will make you feel better, I will shave your head." She tied the black cape around my neck and headed to the clipper. I told her, "I want to get shaved with a straight razor". She was holding the clipper and staring at me. Then she said, " You are making stupid decisions due to a breakup". I told her, "Please help me and shave my head with a straight razor". She was a bit angry. Lilly put down the clipper took the water bottle, and started spraying water on my hair. While watering she said, "Clipper would have given you a buzzed look but, the straight razor will shave my head to the scalp." I did not respond to her comment and sat still. Once my head was completely wet, Lilly went for the straight razor. She loaded the blade and came closer to the chair. She bent my head so that she could get clear access to the top portion of my head. In that position, Lilly asked me again, " Are you sure?". I said, "Yes." She replied, "Okay then, ready to go bald." She placed the razor in the middle of my head and took the first stroke. A big pile of hair got smugged on my head. My greenish scalp was visible. Lilly stopped for a while and stared at my shaved scalp. It looked like hair was peeled off my head. She then again placed the razor next to the bald spot and shaved downwards. The bald spot on my head was getting wider. Now the scalp was visible. She again shaved from the top, and this time shaved hairs were falling on the cape. She kept running the razor. Within a few minutes, there was a big bunch of shaved hair piled up on my lap. I was watching myself getting shaved. Lilly shaved my top and took a brush and, started dusting my shaved head. Lilly again sprayed some water on the side of my head and started shaving. She started from the right side first. The razor was shaving my hair and displaying my naked scalp. The sound of the head shave was echoing in the shop. Lilly was upset because I didn't listen to her and made her shave my head with the straight razor. After she finished the right side, she moved to the left side. She shaved me from the left side too. Now I was completely bald from the top and both sides. Lilly then came and stood at my back and pushed my head a little. But I can still see her. She was not enjoying shaving my head but, I think she was doing it because we were friends. She then placed the razor on top and started shaving it downward. I could feel the sensation of razor-shaving my head and the cold feeling on my shaved scalp. She ran a straight razor 4 to 5 times on my scalp. Now I was looking in the mirror at my shaved head. Lilly was standing next to the chair and looking at me through the mirror. I told her, "Can you shave again." This time, she didn't say anything because there was nothing much she could do now. This time she applied shaving foam all over my shaved head and started shaving it in the reverse direction. In a few minutes, My head was smoother and shiny. She said, "Now you must be happy by ignoring my suggestion". I told her that I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. It's just that I want to exhale my frustration and, shaving my head was the only solution struck in my mind. I removed my right hand from under the cape and started rubbing my shaved head. Lilly quickly came and slapped my hand and said, "Don't touch your shaved head." I took my hand back. She then took some lotion in her hand and applied it to my head. It burned like hell. I screamed but not too loudly. She again slapped on my shaved head and said, this is your punishment for not listening to me. After a few seconds, my scalp felt cool. Lilly said, "you shaved multiple times, so it will take longer than usual for your hair to regrow." Lilly took off the cape, rubbed her hand on my shaved head, and smiled. I apologized to Lilly and told her, "I had to do this to offload the breakup stress". I thanked Lilly for her support. Lilly replied, "I know what you are going through and, I am always there for you. I told her that was the only reason I came to her. She said, "If you need any help, do tell me." I replied, "Sure. But, there is one thing, will you shave my head again?" Lilly laughed and said, "Why? Are you going for another breakup." I smiled and said, "No, but I like the way you shaved my head." We both were staring at each other's eyes for a few seconds and suddenly her phone rang. She removed the phone from her pocket and, looked at it and, again put it back in her pocket. She again looked at me and said, "If you like it, then I will shave your head as many times as you want." She came closer and hugged me. I also embraced her in my arms. While rubbing my shaved head she said, "Please take care. I cannot see you sad". I said, " I don't have to take care of myself. You are there for me". She then released and said, "See you soon for your head shave." I replied, "Don't worry. I will not keep you waiting." We both laughed, and I left the shop. While heading home, I got a text from Lilly stating, "Can I see you tomorrow. I want to make sure your shaved head is smooth" followed by three hearts.

Breakup Headshave

After being in a relationship for four years today, Priya and I broke up. Sometimes even four years are not enough to know someone. I was...