Saturday, September 21, 2024

Headshaved by roadside barber

It was afternoon and I was in school scratching my head recursively. That's when my teacher walked to me and saw my head. My scalp was red due to continuous stitching. Her home was close to my home so one day she visited me and asked me to call my mother. In a few minutes, my mother came out and they started talking. But before they began talking my mother asked me to go and make tea for both of them. I was in the kitchen making tea when the teacher informed my mother about my itchy scalp and bruises happened due to that.  Then my mother looked at me in the kitchen, even then I was scratching my scalp. Now, my mother started getting worried, and after thinking the whole night she came up with the solution. The next day it was Sunday and no school. In the afternoon when the crowd on the street is less, she asked me to get ready as we are going to market. I did the same and while going she took one scarf. I asked why this scarf but she did not answer and we left. While walking in the market we saw the crowd was less but the barber shop was filled. Well, the solution my mother had in her mind was needed a barber but as the barber shop was full we had to come back. While coming we saw one barber who had a small shop under the tree. She took me there and asked me to sit on the chair which was placed in front of the mirror. I refused but my mother forced me to sit. I was very upset. I told her I didn't want to cut my hair but she refused and said that I had an itchy scalp and that if we don't do anything now it may get worse. At last, I agreed and sat on the chair but I told her I won't cut it too short. I sat on a chair then my mother said something in the barber's ear but I could not hear it. The barber nodded his head and came to me and put the white cape on my body leaving my head. Then he took water and started spraying water on my hair. Then he went in front of me and started taking a comb, a scissor, and a straight razor. He came and stood behind me and started combing my long hair. Then suddenly he took the straight razor and started shaving my head from the top. For a few seconds, I didn't know how to react but then I started crying. I tried to get up with a partially shaved head when my mother came and held me back and scolded me. I sat there crying, the barber was running a straight razor on my head making me bald. I was watching myself getting my head shaved bald. The center portion was completely shaved bald. My mother was watching my head shave to make sure there was no hair left on my head and it was shaved as smooth as it could.  After shaving my head, the barber dusted the powder on my shaved head and then cleaned it with the brush. Then my mother paid the barber and handed me the scarf to cover my shaved head. While going home people were staring at me and a few women even asked my mother to which my mother responded that due to hair treatment, I shaved my head. I wasn't able to sleep because the next day I had to go to school with the same shaved bald head.

Headshaved by roadside barber

It was afternoon and I was in school scratching my head recursively. That's when my teacher walked to me and saw my head. My scalp wa...